of Stress on Learning
affects all of us. Today's research suggests that stress can block
chemical reactions in the brain that are necessary for learning. Stress
can disrupt learning and memory development
(long-term potentiation (LTP) as it forces the brain
to revert to more primitive survival needs. To foster creativity
and learning, educators should learn how to minimize stressful situations. The
challenge is to introduce new ways or instructional strategies to reduce levels of the stress hormone (cortisol)
and increase levels of the `happy' hormone (DHEA).
We have much to learn about the impact of stress on
learning and memory. This site provides educators with
information, techniques, and resources for learning about
stress and stress management as it relates to learning,
As practitioners, the more we know about stress the more
we can be proactive--not reactive to supporting
Stress Organizations and Resources
Information about Stress
- Enhancing Stress Coping Skills Among College Students
- Coping with Stress
- The Power of the Heart to Transform Stress
- A Primer on Emotions and Learning
- Response to Stress
Guide to Healthcare Schools: Stress Management More...
How to Cope Better With Life's Challenges More...
- Stress: Interference to Learning
- Stress and Coping
Psychological Thriving: Physical Thriving in
Response to Stress - Thriving: Broadening the
Paradigm Beyond Illness to Health
- Evaluation of a Mind/Body Intervention to Reduce Psychological Distress and Perceived Stress in College Students
- Individual Stress Among Nurses in Training: Why Some Leave While Others Stay
Long-Term Potentiation: What's Learning Got To Do With It?
Level and Sources of Stress in Baccalaureate Nursing Students
Relationship Between Achievement Goal Orientation And Coping
Style: Traditional Vs. Nontraditional College Students
- Mental Skills for Achieving Optimum Performance
- Effects of Stress on Memory - Wikipedia More...
- Stress Management
- Top 10 (or 12) Ways to Manage Life's Stresses
Organizations and Resources
Top / Research Home